Thursday, March 22, 2007

Week 16 : March 2-9 2007

This week I started to feel the baby move! People always describe it in so many different ways. My mom said it would be like butterfly kisses, a faint sensation of something moving across my stomach from the inside. This is so unlike what I felt I thought for sure I was having weird gas or something instead. It felt more like someone gently poking me with the tip of their finger. Even from the very first time I noticed it, it was much more pronounced and definite than I was expecting. Brian has felt faint movements himself! I am finally no longer skeptical, as the sensation is totally different than anything I've ever felt before, and (maybe moreso, since there are kinds of totally weird things going on in my body) it keeps happening.

I continue to grow at what feels like the speed of light. Some days I just feel SO PREGNANT and yet I know that I am barely scraping the surface here. My center of gravity seems to be shifting and I feel even more clumsy than usual - which is pretty stinking clumsy. Sometimes I really need Brian to help me get up, especially if I'm sitting on the floor. If he's not home I go through some pretty hilarious contortions and cling to the coffee table, and heave and grunt. Surely it's too early for all of this! Seems not.

Pictures!
Week: 16
Weight: +3 pounds. It still seems crazy! I swear this belly weighs a lot more than that.


This one doesn't look that much different - I think it's partially the angle.


Holy smokes! This is how pregnant I feel.

No comments: