Friday, March 16, 2007

Trimester Uno!

So, a recap of the first trimester.
We drove 13 hours each way to spend Christmas with my family (THANK YOU BRIAN!). The drive itself was not so much fun and we arrived at about 4am, when my husband navigated icy snowy sideroads to get us to my parents' house. Every year my mom does 'Christmas mischief'' aka 'Ways to Make People Cry'. I told her I had the best Christmas mischief this year and she said I was wrong. The plan was to wait until Christmas morning. Ha!
The next morning my sister and I were hanging out in her room and my mom was blow drying her hair. Suddenly she gasped, dropped the dryer and came flying into the room. "Your Christmas mischief is that you're pregnant!" I denied it, then we all burst into tears. It was a fabulous moment, and I expect nothing less from my mom. Will I know everything like she does when I have this kid? We called Brian's mom and told her that same day, and all was happiness.
When we got back I worked another week and a half, and that was the end of that. The environment is just too dangerous, and I was still sick and exhausted, and the job just isn't conducive to breaks. Like, breaks to sit down, or eat anything, or take a drink, or pee for 12 hours.
At the end of that time we went to Michigan to visit Brian's family. Again, the travelling was a little rough and I ended up feeling pretty sick off and on the whole time we were there. It was going to become a pattern. The entire first trimester I was exhausted and sick to my stomach. I count myself fortunate though, because the only times I vomited were 2 separate 2-day long bouts of total stomach flu symptoms. It could have been much worse!
We had our first OB appointment on January 23rd, on the first day of my 10th week. We heard the heartbeat, got a clean bill of health, and were reassured that there was indeed, only one PeaBaby.

2 comments:

James said...

Very cool kid. I love you. Say hi to Brian and the Pea, and we'll see you in about 6 weeks. Crazy huh.

Papa James

James said...

OK... Your goal of having this blog so you can journal more often doesn't seem to be working. I'm refreshing this multiple times a day and I don't see anything new.

Yeah I know... the best of intentions. I think you get that from me. :)

Love ya