Thursday, March 22, 2007

Trimester 2 : The beginning

I have journal entries starting at week 16, so this is a quick recap/summary of the 2nd trimester up until then.

It was better! I stopped feeling so totally sick to my stomach all the time, almost like clockwork. My sense of smell actually seemed to increase though, to the point where I can smell it when the refrigerator door is opened. And not because there's a science experiment in there either - it doesn't stink it just... smells like the fridge is open.
Though I didn't feel so completely exhausted all the time, I didn't get that burst of energy that so many people talk about. Still, I was able to eat and that's what really counts.
The crazy belly growth continued. I had days where I felt like all I could do was eat and eat, and others where my skin felt too tight for me to actually fill my stomach up. Like, I wasn't full, there just wasn't room in my abdomen for anything else. In case you're wondering, as I post this at 18 weeks, yes that is still happening.

I had an OB appointment at 14 weeks. This time it was with a nurse practitioner, who I didn't like quite as well. Everything looked good though, and the heartbeat still sounded great. About 150 beats a minute!

No comments: