Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ultrasound Pictures!

So... it's always going to take me longer to post things than I think, apparently :).
In this case it is partly Brian's fault because he took the pictures to work and left them there. And also, my scanner takes an ungodly amount of time to scan pictures in... when I am doing it wrong. Hee! Today I finally got them all scanned in and downsized enough to email to myself, so I could use the computer I actually have graphic editing software on to crop and trim and rotate, etc. Phew! It's more work than I thought. If anyone is totally nuts I do have a few more pics that I'm not posting here because they look basically like these ones. Lemme know and I can always email them to you (or you can see them when you come to visit, dad). Also, the doc was too busy explaining what we were seeing to actually get a snapshot of the all important 'it's a boy' view. It was the first thing he did and the Pea was wiggly, although he quickly settled down afterwards. He must be shy. Honestly it's probably best, because I can't imagine the damage having the entire internet see your unborn privates might cause the poor little guy. Lord knows he'll have plenty of chances for embarassment to come! There also aren't shots of some of the 'cooler to see' bits of the ultrasound, which likely wouldn't have captured terribly well. We got to see the hemispheres of his wee brain, and the doctor pointed out hypothalamus and cerebellum. Insanity! We got to see his tiny stomach - he is swallowing fluid so it was a dark little bubble. The heart was beating and we could see the septum that divides the two ventricles. And at one point he was moving his mouth like he was sucking or chewing and we could see that. Apparently Dr Decker is well known for having an amazing touch with the ultrasound probe - lucky us!

Without further ado...
The PeaBaby!



I think this one is pretty self explanatory. That's head on the right, butt and legs on the left. His hand is up by his mouth. At one point around here he waved!



Daddy likes to refer to this one (and 2 similar other shots) as the "scary Halloween face" pictures. He was driving the doc crazy because he kept looking at the probe and he couldn't get a good profile. If you picture him with like, flesh, I guess he's kinda cute? The profile is better. And also, he needs more time to bake!


This is the hardest one to really see- it's his head on the lower right and then his spine. Mostly it's just cool to see the spine and realize that I'm growing something inside of me and it has bones! Er, he has bones!

Crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well ~ I just found out that you have a blog! How great. And how emotional too. Only thing is, I can't get the pics to come up for some reason :o( Wonder why??
You are a good writer ~ like your dad. It makes me feel so much more connected to you which is a happy thing. My goodness, Peababy's gonna make me a Great Gramma ! Where does the time go? Love you!

Anonymous said...

Now this did make me cry ~ How precious is he ? He's looking at the camera !
When you were around two your mom would bring you into the firepit after lunch time and we were sitting at the table after lunch. The tables were slabs of 3" slabs of wood with the natural edges. One of those times you walked over on the bench pointing to a knot on the edge of the table and said, "Boo Boo?"
I took you outside and showed you a tree that had a branch cut off and explained that it was like an arm of the tree.
We came back inside after some more exploring and sat down. You walked over and pointed to the knot and said, "tickle, tickle, tickle".
I said, "Isn't she brilliant?!"
I think PeaBaby is brilliant too ~
It's amazing that he looks at the probe as well as the camera, which he can't see ~ or can he?
Sorry that I seem to bring up the past alot but those were very beautiful times with you. I do realize that you've grown into a wonderful woman & wife, soon to be a wonderful mother ~ still I have incredible memories of fun times.