Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pregnancy Week 8 (Feb 11-17 2012): Showing Already?

8.5 weeks - 2/15/12
Over the weekend my belly officially started popping out. On Friday (2/10), one day before 8 weeks along, I decided my normal jeans were finished. My belly was already starting to curve but beyond that I was just so uncomfortable. Brian dragged my bin of maternity clothes out of the attic, and even though I thought my butt was going to be too big, all the early stuff fit! We also went to Ross and got a pair of yoga pants and an extra pair of jeans. Sweet relief.

Speaking of relief, every time I think I am getting some I end up being mistaken. Reading back over this blog I see that B is right and I did suffer from a lot of nausea last time too. I keep feeling like it was only the first few weeks and then it was really intermittent, but maybe I am wrong! It's that thing where your memories are all rosy and happy so that you'll go through this whole pregnancy thing again. So this time I have been dealing with major fatigue and nausea, and more vomiting than last time. Any time I get even a little hungry? Nauseous. Lots of smells, sometimes just the thought of food - nauseous. And of course in the morning, and sometimes all day, and even sometimes after I feel fine and eat and get happy and full and then... nauseous. I am looking forward to the second trimester.


Comparison photo - 12 weeks along last time
Which might be sooner than I thought! Like I said, this week I've already started showing quite a bit. The picture posted here (from today 2/15 - 8.5 weeks) is early morning before breakfast, so it's as small as I get. Food/bloating/evening all makes it more pronounced. Come to find out, it's not just my opinion! We had our first OB exam on Monday and he agrees that my uterus is high/large. So there's an ultrasound scheduled for Friday to determine exactly why that is. Could be that I am further along than I think, that things didn't shrink all the way down after Kian, or of course the big doozy that it could be twins. I am not going to freak out until we know for sure, but really anything but the not shrinking version would have its share of difficulties. I know we'll get through anything though!

On the plus side, the cyst/ligament pain is almost completely gone now, other than an occasional little twinge and I am having more good periods and even whole good days with more energy and less stomach upset. We've started chatting about names a little, though B doesn't want to get down to the nitty gritty until we know if it's a boy or a girl.

Kian is very excited and is already telling people he is a big brother. He talks daily about the baby and things he will teach him/her when it arrives. He wants a baby girl and has asked for butterfly wings and a sparkly pink headband if it is a girl. Of course he also asks for two babies (I want TWINS) several times, so hopefully he understands he may not get what he wants.

He is getting so big! We went to get his hair cut this weekend and he requested 'pointy hair' so I have been styling it with a little bit of product since then. It's a big hit but he looks like he's about 8 years old! I get that twinge of 'my baby is getting so grown up!' and then I think again that the timing of this pregnancy is good.

Ultrasound pics in a few days!

No comments: