Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bad Night (A very whiny post)

Yesterday was one of the worst I've had in this pregnancy, I think.
I had my 'usual' nausea during the day, but it lasted from the time I woke up until about 3:30. I ate some breakfast anyway but it wasn't good and I just felt sick. When the nausea finally waned in the midafternoon, I ate some toast and then nibbled on a few pretzels. I was working my way through that second snack when Brian called around 4:15 to say he was on his way home but had to stop to run an errand, so he'd be home by 5:30. Somewhere in that following hour, all heck broke loose.
First I got horribly nauseated again.
I am pretty sure the lack of actual throwing up was sheer force of will on my part and even then it was a very near thing. Then the pain started. I believe it is just the cyst I was dealing with a few weeks ago. It seems to be in the same spot and is the same quality of pain, though it was much more intense last night. Then I was so so incredibly tired out of nowhere.
When Brian got home I was like, barely coherent. I told him I was sick and hurting and he said my hand felt like it was burning up, and asked if it was 'different', and did he need to call the doctor. Since I wasn't bleeding I said no.
He got dinner for himself and Kian and that was awesome. Somewhere in there one of the dogs had an accident and he dealt with that too, which was good because apparently by that point I was hurting enough that I was slurring my words. I was pale but my cheeks were red and my eyes looked a little funny. Brian asked at least 2 more times if he needed to call anyone or take me to the hospital.
Please realize that when I unraveled a nerve in my arm and it didn't work FOR A MONTH he was irritated at taking me to the ER, and when Kian had an adverse reaction to albuterol at 2 months he was annoyed at being stuck in the ER for 5 hours. So this must have been pretty bad.
By 7 I could take Tylenol again (because earlier in the afternoon I dumbly took some for a headache that must have been the precursor to all this), and that really helped. I am not certain I actually had a fever, but it brought my body temp down and took the edge off the pain.
I finally ate some crackers (in bed) at 9 o'clock, and that was the end of the nausea. I hurt enough to not sleep well after that though.
On the very bright side, today I am hungry and so far without nausea at all. It still hurts but it's totally bearable and I haven't even taken anything for it. I am, of course, exhausted from not sleeping but when Kian naps so will I.
So a long, whiny post from me! But I wanted to record it in case it happens again, so I can hopefully compare some or at least have a note of the date. And now you know why I will probably ignore you if you call today. If I am resting all the ringers are going off! :)

1 comment:

A Mother McGill said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you had a miserable day with so much pain. I hate that. I really hope maybe that pain was the cyst saying, "BUH bye, I'm leaving!"

Hoping you are feeling better for the long haul!