Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 8: February 9-16

Fetus at 8 weeks
From MedicineNet.com (the picture is from this article as well):
The baby is now about the size of a grape - almost an inch in size. Eyelids and ears are forming and even the tip of the nose is visible. The arms and legs are well formed. The fingers and toes grow longer and more distinct.

My weight: Still -3 lbs in spite of the visible bump and my uterus being larger than usual at this stage. Nausea, I guess!

Since I did a mid-week post and the ultrasound changed my due date a little, this post will be pretty brief!
My goal is to do a recap like this once a week regardless of other midweek posts. Reading back over the blog when I was pregnant with Kian I really like the recaps. And as much as I thought "OMG I was crazy to post my weight the whole time," it's kind of nice to be able to see it and possibly compare. So for now, I'll be tracking that too. Yikes.
2/17/12 - end of 8 weeks
2/17/12 - bare belly end of 8 weeks

















This was truly a week of ups and downs. The cyst pain diminished considerably but I started having more general ligament pain. It is hard to articulate but the difference in the sensation is very obvious. On Thursday, the phone rang while I was laying down and I rolled over to get it and the sudden pain was enough to bring pain to my eyes. Even though it's not every time I bend or stretch or roll over I am trying to be more careful now.

I continue to crave fruit but have added salty things back into the mix. Pickles are fantastic right now (no, not with ice cream) because they are crunchy and juicy but also sour and salty! What a great invention. I am still experiencing some nausea but it's a lot less frequent and seems to happen mainly in the morning and anytime I let myself get hungry - so snacks are good! Other than that, smells are getting more and more pronounced and it's starting to affect my sense of taste a little. This is hard to explain too though I remember it from last time. Some things just don't taste quite like I expect them too, and I am pretty sensitive to salt. So even though I want salty things they can't be too salty. And I want fruit, but some of it tastes like the refrigerator and then it isn't good. Don't ask. Yes, in other words I am a totally picky pain in the butt. At least I am buying, fixing, getting my own food so it's not like this whole thing is bothering anyone else.
Other symptoms: Occasional headaches, peeing all the time, tons of fatigue and insomnia. The insomnia started in earnest this week, leaving me awake in bed for half the night. I told Brian I think maybe it's my body reminding me that four hours of sleep is plenty, in preparation for the Sprout's arrival. Oof.

After our appointment on Monday, I spent a lot of time first worrying about and then trying to prepare myself for the possibility of twins. I am going to do a post with ultrasound info next, but suffice it to say that was a big waste of time :). I also did some web surfing for other pregnancy blogs and things, which is fun. I should have been working on organizing stuff (since I have tubs of clothes and bags to go to Goodwill in my room from last weekend) but the fatigue is killer. I admire all of you pregnancy buddies of mine who are working full time! I have no clue how you do it.


2/12/12 New "pointy hair"
Kian had his Valentine's Day party at school and had a great time. I got him a Valentine's sock monkey that talks and he loves it and cracks up at everything it says.

Kian quote of the week:
After eating a huge lunch, I asked him if he was going to explode. He looked at me with very serious, big eyes and said:
2/12/12



"If I exploded, my body would go *kaboom sound effects* and there would be goo and blood everywhere! My skin would come off and you would see down to my bones, and I would probably be dead. So no, I am not going to explode." Right!

No comments: