Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Quiet days

The last few days have been pretty quiet. My stuff is basically unpacked. I am a terrible procrastinator and have been snitching things out of a half empty suitcase for days. Bad me! I did some cleaning today, mostly vacuuming. Because of the smaller, hairier, sheddier of my 2 dogs the vacuuming is always an enormous chore. I emptied my vacuum 4 times between my bedroom and the living room, but I did a really good job and I feel better about life. I still need to clean the rest of the house but at least it's a start.



Kian was fantastic today. He spent a good half hour in his playpen watching his soother, and another half hour in his jumperoo exercise deally. Today he loved 'this little piggy' and squealed and laughed every time I did it with him. He's so funny! He's totally into his feet if I sit him up on the floor. I think it's because he basically has to fold himself in half to stay upright, so his feet are right there :). I keep filing his nails down because he holds onto them so tight they have these little scratches all over. Kitten claws I'm telling ya! I couldn't figure out what was causing all the little cuts unti today when I saw how savagely he was yanking on his feet, right after he about yanked my eyebrow off. Oh! Maybe I should file those nails again ;).



The last 2 nights he's done really well with his rice cereal. I'm making it thicker now and he seems to do better than when it's all smooth and liquidy. Though last night he was getting upset and doing his little open mouth baby bird thing and fussing no matter how fast I shoveled the cereal. I realized he was hungry but wanted to suck when I offered him his pacifier and he was like "Finally woman! What's a guy got to do to get some milk around here?" So he had to have some milk both before and after his bath. I am kind of crazy and I'm all worried he won't want to nurse anymore because he'll just want 'real food' so in a dumb way it made me feel pretty good :). He's growing up way too fast!



We got to talk to grammy both of the last two days which is always good. We miss everyone so much! He's still pretty fussy at bath and bedtime and I'm convinced he's wondering where the family is. Hopefully when Brian gets home it will be better.

Well, though the kidlet is snuggling and drowsing right now it's time for rice cereal, storytime, bath time and bed time so I should go. Hopefully some new pics will be uploaded in the next few days!

No comments: