Saturday, December 1, 2007

MIA!

So, obviously it's been a long time since I've updated. I was trying to go through and catch up on stuff and it's just too overwhelming. If you know me, you know my instinct is to want to do things perfectly and when that's too much I just get overwhelmed and don't do anything. So instead I'm just going to say this:

He's 4.5 months old now (Holy cow!) and he's getting to be so much fun. In the last month he has found his hands and is using them to hold onto things, move them around, put them in his mouth, all sorts of things. He babbles more (mostly oohs and ahs and goos and a screech like someone stepping on a cat's tail) and he smiles and laughs all the time. He can bear all of his weight standing up if you help him balance, and he's getting close to sitting up by himself. He already does an OK job but if he didn't have such a fat tummy and fat little thighs he'd be folded in half! Does that count? The week of Thanksgiving we started him on rice cereal. He loves it and does a great job, but he can't always remember how to work his tongue and swallow and a lot of it ends up on his shirt! He also had formula for the first time when we visited Grammy and Papa James and he sucked it right down.

His daddy is away at training and has been for about a month. He'll be back in a week, but that means there's been a lot of time when it is just us two. We do pretty well together and are working on a routine, but some help would sure be welcome most days! :) He went through a stage where he hated his carseat and would scream bloody murder the entire time he was in the car, but Grammy helped us and he's doing better with it. He sleeps through the night now, from about 8-5 or 6 and then for another few hours after that most days. Phew!

I think that's a decent catch up anyhow, and I'm going to try and do better about regular posting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great postings!! It is about time!! Made me cry at work. Miss my little man so much. Well, I miss my little mom too :)