Friday, July 6, 2007

Week 32: June 22-28

As mentioned in the previous post, we started this week with the Babies R Us brunch deal. Very cool. We ate lunch at a brew pub afterward, and it was amazingly good! It's called BJ's Restaurant and brewery, and while I thought it was pretty much a local place, it turns out it's a chain. If you ever come across one, it's worth checking out. I've been told the beer is very good, though of course I did not have any myself. I had a turkey cobb club (roast turkey, avacado, bacon, tomato, lettuce and dijion mayo) and it was just really good, though fairly simple. Brian had fish tacos, and they were smoky (cumin I think) and super tasty, too!

I think I mentioned before that I put the Pea's play yard together. It only took about 20 minutes from start to finish, and I did it all by myself! I've read a lot of reviews that talk about it being really hard, and taking couples 3 hours together to get it done. Insanity. It's still hanging out in the bedroom and I think it's there to stay. I feel better having it all ready to go.

I went out and got some more basic stuff this week, like long sleeved side-snap t-shirts with the little mitten cuffs. That's what they use in the hospital so I got a few extras to have at home. I'll admit I also bought a really cute little Pooh outfit with a hooded sweatshirt too! Everything says you should have sweaters so you can layer but really it was just a matter of sheer cuteness I simply couldn't resist. THEN I washed stuff! There are supposedly chemicals in the creating and packaging processes that you don't want against the baby's skin so everything has to be washed first. I stuck with basics and gender neutral items mostly, just in case on the off chance he ends up being a she. I think that's highly unlikely, but just in case. My sister was supposed to be a boy after all! All of the baby's bedding for play yard and crib both are all washed and set too, as well as washcloths and towels. Yay! I only have one set of bedding so far, and I'll definitely need a backup set in case of explosions, but for now the basics are all covered. Yet again, a nice feeling of being somewhat more prepared and less anxious.

I continue to get bigger all the time, and the Pea keeps growing and getting big and strong! I'm up to +26 pounds at the end of this week. I'll obviously be at the upper end of the 'normal' range, but I swear most of it is baby! Once again I have pics but I think the hubby has the camera, so they'll be posted this weekend.

No comments: