Monday, June 4, 2007

Week 28: May 25-31

First big news, for those of you have inquired or would just like the chance to join in the spoiling of the PeaBaby, we went and registered at Babies R Us this week! It's amazing how much 'stuff' that place has, and what an easy process registering was. If you are pregnant (or get pregnant at some point) and want to do a registry, I highly recommend them! Our info can be found here and a search for my first and last name and state brings us right up! I'm a little hesitant to post that info here since it does show our first and last names and city for all the internet to see, but if you're interested and can't find it just comment and I'll email you :). Oh, you can also search by my maiden name if that helps. We really appreciate it, and let's be honest, it's fun to by baby stuff! Giftcards, books, toys and all sorts of clothes are fantastic too, but I didn't register for them specifically because half the fun is picking out something you think is cute!

So! Oh my gosh, I'm 7 months pregnant. For some reason I can't quite articulate, this milestone has been marked "very pregnant" in my head since I found out I was pregnant. In my head it has been the point where I would really be huge and it would be June and HOT and I would probably start to be really miserable. Good news and bad news! I've had some really miserable points all along the way, by no means confined to any one stage, month, week or even day. And really, I'm not miserable at all right now! So hooray! On the bad-ish side it IS really hot, and getting hotter all the time. Lucky for me I have A/C and a pool so I'm doing alright, but I have been informed I need to be drinking twice as much as normally recommended because women go into the hospital for dehydration (which causes decreased fetal movement) all the time in these months. Also, it can cause premature birth! So even though I feel like I already drink quite a bit I'm trying to increase my intake even more, and I think we may need to get a TV in the bathroom. Thank goodness for DVR (like Tivo) that allows me to pause, or I'd never get through a single show! I also have to be a little careful about being outside too long, because I have noticed headaches and/or feeling a little dizzy when it's too much. This isn't just being pregnant, because Brian's experienced it too, and I remember it all too well from summers past. Still, it's just now hitting 100 degrees and usually things aren't too bad until 110 or so. Bleh.
On the positive side, I'm still really enjoying being pregnant. The Pea is really active which is tons of fun, I feel like we bond more and more every day, and while I can't wait to meet him I know I'm going to miss being pregnant when I'm done. I'm fortunate enough to be at home so if I have a bad day I just nap more. Speaking of napping more, this whole third trimester thing is in full swing and I am pretty exhausted all the time, even worse than my first trimester. Luckily, when I have energy I really do have energy, and naps seem to help, which is much better than feeling sluggish and icky all the time. I do have good days and bad of course, and the heartburn stuff is getting a little worse, but still handleable. All my joints are starting to get loose and I'm getting pretty big, so I'm having some back pain as things shift, but I got the name of a chiropractor who works with our insurance so I'm going to look into that and maybe it will help!
Our 5th anniversary is May 31st - five whole years! Sometimes it seems like we've been together forever, and sometimes it seems like just yesterday I was hoping for that sparkly ring. I think we make a pretty fantastic pair and I'm lucky to have such a great guy to be my partner in this next phase of our adventure. I think all in all the timing (although not something I can take credit for) worked out pretty well! As usual, Brian wasn't here for the actual day, but we celebrated the weekend before. We got a great deal from a group of nice restaurants here in town in honor of Memorial Day. That and gifts from both sets of parents, and we ended up with an amazing meal at one of the town's best restaurants including appetizers and desserts. Thanks mom and dad and Brian's mom!
I also had a pretty social week (for me) including a jewelry party at a friend's house. If you've never heard of Lia Sophia jewelry you should check them out. They're a direct selling company so you can't just purchase things online, but I am having a party of my own on June 20th so if you see something you just gotta have let me know and I bet we can work something out! They have some gorgeous pieces, and have been featured in "O" and some other press lately. PLUS Paris Hilton regularly wears items from their red carpet line! Fancy. :)
I had lunch with a woman who recently married a guy Brian went through RTU (training in his current airplane) with. They just moved back a few weeks ago, and it was fun to get to know her a little better. Look at me, out and about!
I'm still gaining slow but steady, and officially had a day where I was +21 pounds, though it's dropped back to +20 every other day this week.
On June 5th I have another OB appt, we'll see what they say. Ooh, and we had a tour of our hospital's labor and delivery area, though technically that is part of Week 29, so that's something for you to look forward to! Or something :).
Also, Brian promised he would take pictures tomorrow (6/6) so there will be a mid-week update in the next few days!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Hey sissy! Funny you should mention Lia Sophia because my friend from work had a jewelry party on Saturday that I wanted to go to but missed! I think they do have really pretty things, but I haven't bought any yet! Maybe I'll wait and just buy it from you so you get the credit! :) Love you

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! Be sure to let me know what your Doc apt says. I loved the 7th month too. I really felt pregnant and could get away with naps, but not so big that I couldn't get out of the chair!! Have fun with it all sweetheart. Peababy is having fun in his warm roomy playpen and I am sure growing like a weed!! I so wish I was there to see you and touch you. Kim Blair just gave birth to a 10 lb baby girl!! Not to scare you. She was two weeks overdue also. Try to enjoy each new experience even when they are not so fun. You will so miss being pregnant while loving holding the baby in your arms. Nothing on earth is quite like it. God is good!!!! Remember you are loved so much and give special love (maybe a song) from grammy. Love to Brian too. You need to start teaching peababy "Be I bye" and the other kid songs we sang together. It will calm him later!!! Well, unless he hears them by my voice :)
talk to you soon
mommy

Anonymous said...

I need to come and visit. I am looking into plane tickets to see if I can come just for a weekend to see you. I am going crazy not being able to be with you!!!

James said...

Yeah ok... so I agree with "crazy grammy". It would be so cool to be there with you and see you during this time. Hey... its only 12 hours, I *bet* I could make it in one day on Capt'n Jack - course I'd have to send mom on a plane - 'cuz she couldn't handle that much time on the bike. But a run down to see you guys might be in order. Getting harder and harder to not see you...