Friday, April 13, 2007

Week 20 and 21: March 30-April 12, 2007

What a great deal, two weeks for one!
Week 20 was a pretty big thing because it is the official halway point. I keep wavering between like, "Oh my gosh I can't believe I'm halfway through," "I am so glad I'm halfway through because I can't wait to meet him," and "I can't be halfway through - I am not ready!" I think the latter tends to get the most 'airtime' though. I keep reminding myself that there is very little we actually need for the baby right at first, and I really do have like over 4 months to go. I think it's just that these first months have gone really fast, especially in retrospect. Everyone keeps telling me to just wait, months 8 and 9 seem like an eternity, which I imagine is true.
At this point, I just feel like there's a ton to do. The nursery is still full of 'guest room' furniture, and the room which will be the new guest room is full of my craft/office stuff, and the office which will now be shared is full of... well, Brian's stuff that I can't organize. He's been working ridiculous hours lately, and now it is hockey playoff season, so I'm thinking it will be a few weeks before we make much progess. And that's just fine - I'm not having any pregnancy induced anxiety at all, nope! That is a figment of your imagination. :)

We were quite social (for us) during week 20, including a squadron party and babysitting for friends so they could have a date night! Little Carter is 3 months old and Brian did such a great job with him! I know it's a lot harder when the baby is your own and breaks are few and far between, but even though the little guy was fussy Brian handled it really well. Maybe we can do this after all!

I continue to get bigger and bigger, though through week 20 it was mostly still an outward growth of belly only. At the aforementioned squadron party a friend asked if I was 6-7 months along and I replied with "barely 5 - today is the first day of the 5th month". Her reaction? "Oh my GOD you are HUGE!" Gee, thanks. I keep reminding myself that there is a whole new person in my body and it is just going to take up some space!

Weight: Pre-preganancy +9. Yep, that's probably 2 pounds in the last week. Yikes.
Week 21:
The main 'new' pregant thing this week is that I'm starting to gain weight other places. Brian keeps insisting it's in my head, but stuff is fitting different so I know it isn't true. The Belly (TM) is starting to grow sideways a bit, not just straight out, and there is a definite increase in my lovehandles/hips/thighs.

The baby is also starting to move differently. When he kicks it's a lot harder, and I can feel a lot more rolling and whole body moving. Hockey playoffs have officially started and when Brian whoops and hollers he gets pretty worked up. I think he may already be a RedWings fan (go Wings!).

I have officially registered for childbirth classes, which we'll be taking early due to some out of state training Brian has to attend in the middle of the summer. It's pretty crazy - our first class is in like 2 weeks.

And lastly I finally got my hair cut and pretty much all of the red is gone! It's hard to tell in the pics here, but on my doctor's recommendation I decided not to dye my hair during my 1st trimester, and it really needed to be dyed already when I found out about the pregnancy. Obviously I'm out of the 1st trimester now, but I decided to just let it grow out to natural. So, yesterday I got it trimmed and it's pretty much all gone! There are a few little hints here and there, but only if you look close. The cut is cute, but the color is very, very drab. It's even darker than it was before, though honestly I think the last time it was actually 'virgin' and free of dye was like, a decade ago! It's been blonde, but always after being dyed back to 'natural' and usually highlighted. I think this might last all of a week, and then I'm really going to have to go get highlights to brighten it up, because it's just horribly dull. Highlights are allowed, my doc says so, and they should be easier to maintain.

I also went shopping and got some cute maternity clothes! Most of what I have are T-shirts and tanktops - 'staples'. I got some flowy pretty shirts and two pairs of dress pants, plus a new larger pair of jeans to accomodate all the expanding. All in all, that means more pictures are in order because I think I'm pretty cute :)

Weight: Another 2 pounds this week, though it does fluctuate down a little depending on what I've eaten and what time of day and all that. So, at the high point I'm +11 now. The 2 pound a week thing will be not so good if it keeps up, but I'm supposed to be at +15-20 so I'm just making up for slow growth in trimester 1. Er... yeah. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where are the pictures? Peababy's grammy is on the way!! Less than two weeks to go. Mommy is getting some fun things in the mail from grammy for peababy. They will make her laugh and cry. Can't wait to talk to you for real!!!!