Thursday, April 5, 2007

Week 19: March 23-30

So I'm a little late on this post, what else is new? At least I am consistent!
I have now spent some time babysitting a 3 month old baby boy, and I guess babysitting is sort of like riding a bike. It was no big deal really, and I even managed to make a bottle one handed while holding a fussy baby. Score! Hopefully I won't need that particular skill for my own little one, as the plan is to breastfeed, but we'll see how that goes.
It has made me really anxious to meet my own baby boy. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am totally not ready or prepared for his actual arrival, and of course he's nowhere near baked, but somehow it made the whole thing a little more real. At any rate, now I am firmly picturing snuggling up with a little cuddly ball and chewing on chubby cheeks.
The realization that I'm almost halfway there has also spurred lots of shopping for baby stuff. I don't know when the last time you went into a Babies 'R' Us was, but there is a lot of stuff. So now I'm working on researching all the minutiae and trying to figure out what we actually want. Hopefully in the next week or so I'll be registered. Er, maybe in the next 2 weeks. My parents are coming for a visit in about a month (HOORAY) so I really need to get things at least organized enough that there is a guest room for them to sleep in. It'll happen, I'm not too worried.
The main difference this week is a sense that I really, really like being pregnant and I'll be sort of sad when I don't have this little person inside of me. He's kicking more often and harder now, especially when Brian's watching hockey. There was a day when he was quiet and I was a little worried, but he more than made up for it the next day.
I am also still getting bigger every day. I swear these pictures don't do it justice - I feel way bigger than this. Still, here they are - the belly pictures.

Maybe if the pants were down a little more. I dunno', just trust me, it's huge.


And the stats: I have now officially gained about 6-7 pounds. Which is still about a pound a week in this trimester and right on track. Supposedly. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peababy is so cute even in your tummy. You may feel huge because you are comparing it to before. However, you look just right. The huge is yet to come!!!
Can't wait to see you
grammy