Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Week 25: June 8-14

Fetus at 25 weeks from  ehd.org
I got the picture here and they have some cool pics for each week - you might want to check it out! There is also a neat video covering these weeks on this page at at babycenter.com

So Sprout is getting awfully big, and he is a crazy active, insane boy! He does have his quiet moments, but when he is moving around it's several minutes of non stop action. It makes me wonder what he will be like when he comes out of there! 

We've been talking a lot about names and are narrowing them down but the process has been a lot more difficult than it was with Kian. The middle name especially is giving us fits, as Brian doesn't like the one I love and he doesn't have any great ideas of his own. I hope we get it figured out before he's born :).

Though my OB appt was technically in week 26, I am happy to report that all is well, with a heartrate of 158. I am still measuring a couple of inches large, but that is 'normal' for me. I went to get my blood drawn FINALLY, figuring the gestational diabetes test was coming up and I needed to do them separately. Come to find out, I could have done them together :(. Oh well, one more blood draw won't kill me I suppose. The other interesting note is that I only gained one pound in the last month. Dr D gave me a kind of funny look and I told him it makes a difference when there's no trip full of amazing food in the month!

That means I am +16 pounds for the pregnancy, which is actually on the lower end of normal. Let's not talk about the fact that I am THREE pounds away from my Kian delivery weight. Eep. I am not really worried about it, but it does make me cringe just a tiny bit. Brian was asking me how much more weight I anticipate gaining, and of course it's really hard to tell. But I gained 29 pounds with Kian, and I have 14 weeks to go, so that's close to a pound a week and probably not too far off. We'll see!

The other big news is that I am finally getting a referral to a physical therapist for my back issues, thank goodness. I should have pushed to talk to Dr D himself when I called about the issues, I guess, because his front desk staff is not very good. The woman I spoke with supposedly talked to a tech and said I could see a prenatal massage therapist but had no recommendations and I didn't get very far trying to track one down. I feel much better about a doctor recommended, insurance covered physical therapist who specializes in peri-natal therapy. Phew!

In other news, I have started papercrafting again. Being able to get to  my desk makes a huge difference! I've made 4 cards in the last couple of weeks, and it is such a nice, peaceful past time. I didn't realize how much I had missed it. Now, if I could sit at the craft desk for more than a few minutes without back pain that would help! But luckily it's something I can do a bit at a time. Part of it has been learning some new coloring techniques, so Kian and I color together and it's pretty fun.

Let's see what else? Brian has his official orders and has put in a request for packers/movers. They come this week to do a weight estimate on our house. Yikes, I hope we come in under the limit! Especially since we're about to buy MORE bedroom furniture in Alabama and will have to move all that too next year :).

We have an appointment set with a realtor this week as well to discuss options. It looks like we will likely do a short sale, but we'll see.

I am trying to plan Kian's birthday party and I think we're going to do Chuck E Cheese. Now I just have to try to estimate how many people will come, without getting RSVPs because I need to reserve the space. Umm... ok. Well it will be an adventure, anyway! We are getting Kian a trampoline in AL at his 'second birthday' - we are asking family to send gifts after the move, and playing it up that he gets TWO birthdays this year. The last thing we need is more stuff to move!

All in all the pregnancy continues to be a difficult one, and my main stuff right now is the back pain (tailbone and rib/mid back), insomnia and heartburn. I am hoping some stronger meds on the latter two and the PT on the former will make me more comfortable. It's more real that there's really a baby coming, but I wish we all had more energy, time and focus for him. I feel like all the STUFF going on and the move take a lot out of us, and that it isn't really fair. Poor little Sprout. So I am trying to take some time each day to talk to him and think about him and get excited for his arrival. Right now I just keep focusing on and dreading the logistics, and my heart needs to overcome my brain!

1 comment:

A Mother McGill said...

Sprout will forgive you. :) I miss you guys! Can we get together in the next couple weekends?