Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sleepless Nights

The pregnancy insomnia has hit an all time low and I just can NOT sleep. Two nights in a row I barely got 3 hours of sleep, and last night I ended up actually getting up and crafting for a while because I couldn't stand the thought of tossing and turning for another minute. We're talking up from 12:30-4:30 and then waking up with Kian at 5:30, with restless, light dozing in between, It's awful.

I am also still having major back/rib/tailbone pain and the combination is making me totally grumpy. My poor family!

Last night I finally went and got some Tylenol PM, which is what my OB recommended I start with. I only took 1 (the dose is 2) and as Benadryl usually does, it knocked me right on my butt. I woke up a handful of times but quickly fell back to sleep. Once I had to go to the bathroom but dozed back off before I hauled myself out of bed. Disaster averted - I went the next time I woke up - but I probably should not take 2! I don't really love the heavy feeling of medication induced sleep, but I really needed some respite. I don't intend to take it every day or anything, and I hope that this will reset my cycle so I can sleep tonight naturally. We shall see!

The other side effect was some really bizarre dreams. I have been having a lot of anxiety/nightmare dreams and there were none of those. Just... odd. One in particular was a dream that Sprout was really big in my stomach and he felt so strange moving around in there. At one point he turned around, like his head was sideways and he went vertical then horizontal again and it felt like his feet were up in my throat. A completely bizarre sensation and I have no idea where my mind came up with it! It is likely partly because he is SO active and getting bigger all the time. No more butterflies, bubbles or popcorn - there are feet and hands and the pressure of a little head pretty distinctly. I can definitely see my stomach move when he kicks hard now, and it's pretty rare for me to go any length of time without him pummeling me. At least he's still pretty small!

Today I have to go get the bloodwork I've been avoiding done. I know I am just going to have to go back to do my glucose test, but I keep telling my OB nurse that I forgot to get it done. So while Kian is at school, I am biting the bullet. Wish me luck! *faint*

No comments: