Thursday, August 16, 2007

Important Labor Story Addition!

It has come to my attention (the source shall remain nameless) that I have been grossly negligent in my recount of my labor story! It's true, in my haste to get the story down on paper... er, on the internet, I missed whole chunks of very important information.

So let me state for the record, my sister is amazing! She did NOT just panic when my water broke, which is somehow unfortunately the only thing I really mentioned. I am sorry Jaime! She was a wonderful rock throughout my labor and I would have had a vastly different experience without her. I'm not just saying that because she pointed it out either, it is very true. She held my hand, she prayed with me when my anxiety over Kian's health got to be too much, and most of all she was just THERE with me. When Brian fell fast asleep on a cot, she tried to get some rest too but the only place for her was a bench. It was cushioned, but far from comfy, and I think she ended up trying to sleep on the floor just so she could stretch out. Needless to say, I think she was the only one who got absolutely no sleep at all. On the plus side, that left her free to get me ice chips when I woke up in pain again. What a sweetheart.

So, in short, Jaime was an angel and I don't know what I would have done without her. Thank you Jaime!

Love you,
Sissy

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I know that's right! All is forgiven! I love you too!
(mom is laughing!)