Friday, March 16, 2012

Weeks 11 and 12: March 2-15

It is official, I missed a week! I was waiting for pictures from my friend Ashleigh and then I just... didn't post. Oops. So let me think back.

I know that starting on the first day of week 12 my nausea magically disappeared! It was amazing. I still can't handle turkey lunchmeat (not even just the smell) so Brian is stuck adding it to his own sandwiches for now. Outside of that I'm often very hungry all the time, which is actually a nice change. The insomnia continues and the ligament pain is getting worse. I had an OB appt on 3/13 and she assured me it is totally normal, including acting out how it feels (or how you look when experiencing it) and even Brian agreed that looked about right. Sprout's heartbeat was a steady 150-155, doing great!

Weight: I am still -2lbs on my pre-pregnancy weight. Rita (the OB's assistant who did our appt) says that means I get to eat my way through my upcoming trips. Score!

I am also cleared for flying next weekend and doing the cruise in May, which is awesome since both are non-refundable at this point.

Today is the beginning of my second trimester and I am looking forward to the supposed energy boost, since I am exhausted all the time.  I caught a cold from Kian which is probably not helping at all. Thank goodness it's Friday and tomorrow I get to sleep in!

Sprout is the size of a peach, about 3 inches long! Sprout's intestines are moving from the umbilical cord into his/her abdomen. Fingernails are there, and the head is starting to be proportionate, so more and more all the the time it looks like there's a tiny human in there instead of a big-headed alien embryo with a tail. XD

I have a lot coming up - Vegas next weekend which should be awesome. An adult trip, with no Kian, and lots of time to have a leisurely meal or sleep in as late as I want. I got some "grown up coloring books" on Amazon today and I plan to make good use of those too.

Now, for some pictures! All from 12 weeks - 3/11/12






1 comment:

A Mother McGill said...

Hey doll, I just wanted to drop in and let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Blog award. :)

http://twomothersmcgill.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-am-beginning-to-wonder-if-some-of-ts.html