Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Week 7 Part 2: August 25-29

After the ER visit our weekend was looking like it was going to be shot. We tried to get some sleep on Saturday, and Kian continued to seem pretty much the way he was before we started the albuterol.

I had an appointment to FINALLY get my hair cut that night, and though I thought about cancelling it I finally decided to go ahead and go. I couldn't get in with my usual stylist because she works limited hours on the weekends, but the guy who cut my hair usually does HER hair, so I figured it would be a safe bet. I was so terribly in need of a cut, it was getting really long and shaggy. All in all I really liked what he did, though he left a long piece in the back on each side. Apparently this is really in, but it reminded me of the mom on The Brady Bunch. Since the length at the back was the part that was driving me the most crazy, I ended up trimming it up myself a few days later. Once I did that I really like it, it should grow out well, and I get lots of compliments. Yay for 'me time'!

Monday was my rescheduled post-partum appointment. Kian was fussy all day, making me even more apprehensive about the appointment than I already was. As usual I waited forever to get in, then to be seen. The actual exam was quick and painless, and Dr D said I was cleared of all restrictions, and that everything healed up well. Phew. I asked him if he meant for Kian to come shooting out the way he did, and he said no. First he tried to blame it on his size until I reminded him he was 6 pounds, then he said it was because my pushing was so fantastic. Ha. I got a perscription for "Errin" which is a mini-pill that won't effect my breastmilk, which is great. Dr Decker is moving to his new office in a few weeks, but I shouldn't need to see him again anyhow. Glad that's over.

I needed to feed Kian at the end of the appointment, but they were really busy and I didn't want to take up an exam room. I ended up sitting in the car with the A/C on and the baby under a receiving blanket. It was the first time I've nursed 'in public' and it went really well actually.

All day Tuesday I had a horrible migraine. By mid day I was struggling to get up to change the baby because it hurt so bad. Tylenol with codeine didn't even touch it! Around 2pm I threw up, and that was the last straw. I called Brian and asked him to come home. I guess my words were even slurred a little and he left work right away. It didn't go away until the middle of the night. Yuck!

Wednesday Brian worked until really late, which made for a long day for me. Luckily the headache was gone and Kian was a little less fussy than he had been. I keep hoping and praying for more sleep and a less miserable baby. What a long week!

On the plus side, Kian started smiling this week! Just little brief smiles at first, but they're getting more frequent. I'm quite sure they're real and not just gas. How adorable. The other special thing he has started is something he does while nursing. He wraps his little legs around my arm, and snuggles my skin with his feet. It just melts my heart and makes all the rest totally worth while. *sigh*

No comments: